Tonight was the first night that getting the pizza onto the
hot pizza stone wasn't a comedy act! Part of the success came from following some instructions from my sister. I let the dough "rest" for about 10 minutes after it was all flatten, but before I put all the goodies on. The other reason was using roughly 1/2 an inch of corn meal on the peel! The pizza slid right off the peel onto the stone ... and even stayed in it's circular shape! It is amazing I don't have 3rd degree burns from the ways I got the pizza onto the stone previously. Off the stone has never been an issue, but again, corn meal - good!

We did a more traditional pizza tonight - if you call Canadian Bacon and pineapple traditional! I cut up a fresh pineapple, grilled it separately from the pizza, and then added it after it was all cooked. Yummy! Although the pear-gorgonzola pizza is still our favorite! So far.
3 comments:
Pizza good.
I've never peeled a pizza before. Must be one of those B-camel things...
I'm looking forward to Hotel Vizcaino!
Post a Comment