Tuesday, January 24, 2006

LDV II

OK, so this picture from Positano on the Amalfi Coast was highly distorted by our broken camera... but, just imagine the colors more vibrant, the sun shining on your face, and the smell of freshly baked pizza on the beach. :) Legend says that, thousands of years ago, the "Sirens" lured sailors to their death near here. I'm not sure if the Sirens were real, but the allure remains. (As an aside, the Sirens were supposed to be creatures with the head of a beautiful woman and the body of a bird. I would never have fallen for their song--you all know my feelings on birds...) Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe the Sirens used the smell of pizza to lure the sailors... That might be enough to overcome the bird-body thing!

Weatherunderground says you're having typical Eugene weather -- do you guys like it, or is the rain annoying?

Have a good day!
Sonnjea

Next Stop Oregon said...

Yeah, if the Sirens also used pizza, then I'd have been doomed!

We know someone in Portland who once said that the rain never really made him feel sad, but that whenever the sun came out it definately made him feel happy. That about sums it up for me too.

A few times we've had clouds/rain for about a week straight and, honestly, that's kind of crappy. But, each time the sun comes out it is really great. And it REALLY helps that it is pretty warm here. Temps on almost all the days go up to the 40's or 50's. Coming from NY, that's great! By the end of January in NYC i'd be so sick of bundling up like that little boy in A Christmas Story each time I had to go outside. Those temps may not be as nice for you, though.

Yesterday around noon the clouds finally went away. I went out for a walk in clear skies. The sun was shining and it was just beautiful. (I can't wait for spring and summer!) Yesterday, I went for a run outside and today I went for a 3-hour long hike (it wasn't supposed to be that long, but i got lost a bit). Those are things that I was definately not doing in NY! So, I'm happy. :)

Hope you guys are having a good day too,
Dave.

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should take some bread crumbs (or pizza crumbs) next time...

Next Stop Oregon said...

Ummm, yes, i must admit that would've done it too. ;)
-d

Anonymous said...

i don't know about everyone else, but i wanna see a picture of a big ol' salmon, big angry, please don't eat me salmon that oregon is famous for! delicious.

okay, enough
romel

Anonymous said...

Like this guy . . .
http://oregonsalmon.org

now enough,
romel